You CAN Go the Distance!
Marathon Training Guide:
Advice, Plans & Motivation for All Runners
Welcome to the online edition of You CAN Go the Distance! All of the chapters from the book are here, though some of them are abridged. The purpose of this online edition is to give readers of the book a place to interact, ask questions, make comments, and share their victories!
If you haven’t read the book, you’ll still get great value from the contents here and you are more than welcome to participate in the discussions. However, if you’d like to read the book, you may purchase it here on Amazon.com
Table of Contents:
- Not JUST a Marathon Training Book
- Not JUST a Book!
- Caitlyn’s Story
- First things First: Set A Goal
- Choose the Right Plan
- Build a Strong Foundation
- Train in ALL Conditions
- Let’s Talk Cross-Training
- Yasso 800s: Speed + Endurance
- Tempo Runs
- The Long Run: You CAN Go the Distance!
- Long Run Recovery
- Develop a Race-Day Routine, Now!
- Roll with the Changes!
- Time for a Progress Check
- Rock Lobster Running
- Is it Time for New Shoes?
- Proper Running Form
- Nutrition: Choose the Right Fuels!
- Let the Taper Begin!
- Ready or Not, It’s GO Time!
- The Finish Line!
Bruce Van Horn has written a book that will serve as a manual for everyone who is looking for a plan, training, and motivation for accomplishing any life goal.